The AAUASU under the leadership of Comrade Ogunsanmi Kolade O. (Multiple) together with other student union executives have on Wednesday 22nd of December met with the Vice-Chancellor of the varsity to discuss the state of affairs in regards to rumors spreading across all students’ platforms.
The Union added that the management has not decided on a resumption date and again fixed examination dates of which most students of the varsity has been expecting for a while.
However, the following were subject matter and outcome of the meeting.
A statement from the Union read: “1) That the rumuors flying around that the resumption and examination dates have been pegged at January and February respectively is FALSE and should be disregarded in its entirety.
2) That the University is yet to determine any date, day, or month whatsoever in which students are expected to resume on campus for the continuation of the semester
3) That a Panel (Senate Committee) has been set up to look into the prevalent issues and give further directions in due course.
4) That students are hereby put on notice that examinations shall begin immediately on resumption and are advised to read extensively while at home
5) That no amount has been considered as reparation fee for all students and inconsequent of this, rumors as regards certain amounts for reparation should be discarded in their entirety
6) That all purveyors of rumors are advised in their best interest to desist from such mischievous act
7) That students should only await further information which will be communicated by the management and student union secretariat in due course.”
The SU president uses the press released by himself today to communicate with the student populace to debunk any information, not from the school management.
AAUA Insider is Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba’s new campus media publisher amplifying the stories of the students of Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko.